Updated on April 24, 2022
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information.
- Device: any internet-connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer, or any other device that can be used to visit GamesRoid and use the services.
- Personal Data: any information that, directly, indirectly, or in conjunction with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- “Service”: any service that allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person. Service: refers to the service provided by GamesRoid as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: GamesRoid’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://gamesroid.com.
- You: a person or entity that is registered with GamesRoid to use the Services.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other internet-connected device in order to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you such as your language preference or login information. They’re completely safe and can’t be used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your device.
We use first party and/or third party cookies on our platform for various purposes, such as:
To facilitate the operation and functionality of our platform;
- To enhance your experience with our platform and make navigation faster and easier;
- To allow us to make a bespoke user experience for you and for us to understand what is useful or of interest to you;
- To analyse how our platform is used and how best we can customise it;
- To identify future prospects and personalise marketing and sales interactions with it;
- To facilitate the tailoring of online advertising to your interests.
What type of cookies does GamesRoid use?
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years.
Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are called “first party cookies.”Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for our platform to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the platform and use its features. If you remove or disable these cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use our platform.
We use the following types of cookies on our platform:
- Essential Cookies
We use essential cookies to make our platform work. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality such as security, network management, your cookie preferences and accessibility. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the websites function.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our platform but are non-essential to its use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality like videos may become unavailable or you would be required to enter your login details every time you visit the platform as we would not be able to remember that you had logged in previously.
- Marketing Cookies
These account-based marketing cookies enable us to identify future prospects and personalize sales and marketing interactions with them.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies
- Further information on how Google collects and uses this data can be found at:
- You can opt-out of all Google supported analytics on our websites by visiting:
- Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information over time about your online activity on the platform and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective for you. This is known as interest-based advertising.
They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers. Without cookies, it’s really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
- Third Party Cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our platform are not set on a first-party basis by GamesRoid. The websites can be embedded with content from third parties to serve advertising. These third-party service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. Third-party service providers control many of the performance, functionality, advertising, marketing, and analytics cookies described above. We do not control the use of these third-party cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
How you can manage cookies?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their “settings” preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience since it will no longer be personalised for you.
It may also stop you from saving customised settings like login information. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products.Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products.
Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you’re located, you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilise all of its features and services.
You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this yourself from within your browser. You should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.